Friday, January 28, 2011

Come Back Special: [Renewal] Nidhoggur's Nest solo Run

[Renewal] Solo Nidhoggur's Nest run using Sura

(nidhoggur picture from doddler's future wiki)


(More after the break -> )






As the title says, I attempted to do a solo run of Nidhoggur's nest using a Sura (3rd job of Monk/Champion).

If you remember my old posts about Nidhoggur's nest, it was very difficult to defeat Nidhoggur alone because of his mob's IMBA ATK power. But because of Renewal, there was a little nerf & buff with the instance and now I feel a bit confident that I can do it solo!


First Maze

Like before, we start the Instance with a maze.






Summoning Mydhorg's Guardians

To begin the first battle phase, we talk to the fallen Yggdrasil Guardian NPC.



The NPC will summon 12 Mydhorg's Guardians that you will have to kill. These are special Phyllas and Rynchos that have the name Mydhorg's Guardian.


Remember what I said about nerf & buff? Almost every monster inside the Instance dungeon got their Atk Power lowered greatly. But their HP got buffed by roughly 10 times their original amount. Making the Mydhorg's Guardian's HP about 330~350k.

Not taking too much damage is nice (before the Ancient Tree could kill you in 1 shot 0_o) but now it takes 10 times the effort/costs to kill them using the old method (Acid Bomb) which can be quite costly.

Being in this situation, I'm glad to be a level 150 Sura.  I can deal about 350~370k per Guillotine Fist without lex Aterna (my Sura is a pure EF build just like before). So after 12~14 Fists later...


(Sometimes I missed @_@)

I quickly ran up towards the north portal to start the second maze.

Second Maze


Compared to the first maze, this maze was longer and can get confusing if you don't know where to go. But because of the many hunts I've done, I kinda memorized it.



                       (A map for those who aren't too familiar with the maze thanks to iRO wiki)

 
Step on the colored tiles and you will be warped to the battle room.

(Nidhoggur is waiting in the middle of the Arena.)

After a minute of preparing equipment, buffs, and a quick trip to the bathroom, I headed straight towards Nidhoggur!

The MVP Battle


I rushed into Nidhoggur with a Guillotine Fist, he quickly retaliated with Dispell. I used a Guyak Pudding to hasten my escape. After a quick rebuff, I shot another Fist at him. He used AoE sleep on me, then got hit-locked by his Dark Shadows(Mob).

I used Body Relocation to get me out of the sticky situation. I quickly rebuffed and shot another Fist at him.

I had to kill him quick. Exceeding 3 minutes means, you'll get warped to a room filled with 6 Mydhorg's Guardians (330~350k HP each 0_o). If you stay too long inside the room, Nidhoggur might get a chance to use Life Stream (Full Heal).

After 8 Guillotine Fists later...


Victory ~
He dropped a Cardo [1] (Strongest Spear for Spiral Pierce) and the awesome Dragon Proxy Skin garment.





So I guess this is what you call a "Great Hunt", eh?

No comments: